Monday 12 March 2012

American Apparel & £1 in the same sentence?

My friend came into uni the other day, and said that American Apparel was selling off some of their nail polishes for £1. I didn't believe it until she showed me this lovely greeny-blue colour polish she had just brought! So after seminar I couldn't resist and had to pay American Apparel a visit, and guess what? she was right. They had a box of polishes at the cash desk labelled £1.

Being the nail polish addict I am, it was love at first sight. I must have stood there for a good 10 minutes having a good old chat with the shop assistant, picking out one of every colour in the box! I asked why they were so cheap and she explained that they had been sitting in the stock cupboard for a while, and some of them had become separated. She also then went on to add that some of the colours were being discontinued anyway.

In total I brought 7 nail polishes for £7, and in my eyes that is a hefty bargain! When I got back home I went on to the American Apparel website to see how much they retail for, and they were selling them online for £9 EACH!! I also decided to see if the colours I purchased were available to order online, and they all were accept for 1 of the colours.

Below is a picture of my most recent nails to date using my new colours. Usually I'm not a big fan of multicoloured nails as I think they look a bit tacky, but with all these new colours I couldn't resist showing them all off! (Apologies for the poor picture, as I took it whilst on the bus)


 Products used (above from left to right):
  • AA - Mac Arthur Park
  • AA - Rose Bowl
  • AA - Malibu Green
  • AA - Factory Grey
  • AA - Hunter
  • Beautyuk - Fuschia: No.42 (Not American Apparel)
  • AA - Echo Park
  • Beautyuk - Lilac Girl: No.35 (Not American Apparel)
  • AA - Peacock
  • Claire's Cosmetics: 774 (Not American Apparel)



Happy days!

 K♥


2 comments:

  1. Omg what! I'm drooling so bad at this...AA nail polishes are my favorite by far (and seriously underrated)! Ok it's official, I am hitting up AA during my lunch break tomorrow...I have Echo Park and I get soooo many compliments on it, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *BLOGHOP*I love those colors. gimmie gimmie gimmie.

    www.alilpieceofmySOUL.blogspot.com Always, SOULBeautiful xx*s

    ReplyDelete